Tuesday, March 12, 2019

GaryCon Journal Tuesday and Wednesday

So, meet up with with George and we hit the road... George and I get along so well that taking this trip is a pleasure.. It is just the 2 of us and we decided to drive through the night. The reasoning being that we would be too excited to get there and would not sleep anyway. Getting a hotel for maybe an hour of sleep is not going to be productive. Plus George and I can have music and comedy mp3s if we every stop talking..

So after driving through the night  and having a great time (I hope George concurs) we get to the IHop at Kenosha



had something to eat and went on our way to the Grand Lodge at 4:00 in the morning... Explained to the clerk that we arrived way earlier than planned and we would be resting in the lounge

After resting for a bit, we went out to Joni's Diner, found the Pizza place (it's near Bitner's) and drove about















When we returned I saw Stephen Lee and several people and they decided to get lunch.. so I joined them, it was a great conversation... George texted to see if I wanted to go to Taco Bell, and I said I was ok, when he returned the Engine light was on in the truck


After meeting up with several people and texting, we had been invited to Next Door Pub by Craig Martell and Stephen. So I was seated next to Nate Sims, one of the guys I have know since GC8.. 

PUBLIC DISCLAIMER: So many of the people I meet at GaryCon are amazing and friendly and make you feel like Family - and I sincerely say they are some of the best people I have ever met

Nate is one of them, like George, I would happy on a 12 hour road trip with just him and I and we would talk the entire time 

Craig, Duck, Eddie(?) and Nate

I was reintroducing myself to Duck and reminded him I was in Heidi's game last year and we had walked across the parking lot early in the con... then he said... YES, I still have your card..



Scott, "Evil"Stephen, Guy Martelle


Donna and Ernie (KC under the table)

Donna is Great and Ernie tells great Stories, he was telling how someone wanted him to make sure that Joe Manganiello say something in hopes he would endorse it and Ernie was like, hey, the guy is here to game, I would not do that to him... So I told him I was more excited to play in a game With Margaret (Weis) than Joe the next day

We return from Pizza, meetup with a few people and go to the Kick off party. I sit down at a table  and Across from Me sits Zeb Cook and his wife... Then Tom Wham sits down almost next to me.. I have never met Tom but admired his stuff... 



I introduce myself to Tom and then I tell him that he will find himself feeling vary gracious toward me and that he will want to draw me a snit, all the while he is looking at me like I am crazy... my friend George sits down between us and we all talking.. then George nudges me and Tom has a sharpie out, I hand him a dice bag and draws a Snit on it... 



I felt bad because I later found out Tom was not feeling well... I will tell you, it was a great moment

Last year I ran a Drunken Dwarves game and one of my players was Daniel and another was Meinke. She is from Germany and does a lot of gaming via remote... I have no interest in playing remote, but for Her and Daniel, I will try it 2X with an open mind...So they came in with friends and we were enjoying spotted Cow so we played a few rounds of Fuji Flush and had lots of fun to KICK off the Con






Next year I will bring her a deck. 

AMAZING DAY AND NIGHT

More Pictures - Updated 3/14







No comments:

Post a Comment