Friday, March 15, 2019

2019 GaryCon Journal Saturday


The first order of today was to get to Bitner's Bakery and pick up some donuts to take home (not open on Sundays)

So I got a dozen for home, 2 Bacon Maple and 2 Apple fritters


Ruins of Juneau - 77 Lost Worlds

I have been reading Craig Martelle's books on and off over the last year and I actually dropped in to watched this game being played at the last GaryCon (Last year after the game, Craig went a wrote the book and put it up on Amazon before the con was over)

I had to get in on this one. This turned out to be several Authors and several GMs in this game and most had ties to Fireside Creations (Stephen Lee)

I played the Wolfoid, I named him Grrr  - Forgot to see if I could pick up this miniature





















We had a blast but did not get a lot accomplished except destruction, Mayhem and burned down the bar (Evil Stephen)









Shuffling Horror: INNSMOUTH 32



Next I joined Larry Wickman for a great game of Shuffling Horror... First time I got to try the new game with the H. P. Lovecraft. Theme

Wickedly fun, one of the best Horror games where the director really wants to kill off everyone

OH, I really loved the new board... If you want to try it out

https://www.amazon.com/Roswell-51

https://www.gamewick.com/





After the event, I had some free time so I thought I would go to the dealer room

approaching the lobby, I thought "I know Saturdays are busy, but this is nuts" Then I realized I had actually showed up for the picture



Then I was able to get to the the Presentation of the Gygax Lifetime Award to Larry Elmore











Next, it was time for me to get Jim Ward signatures on a few items and a new picture... 



I ran into Lynn and she was looking to get items Signed by Larry Elmore... he had a crowd and we went in and someone was taking a picture with him, when they finished I called out to Larry to pose with Lynn, then to sign her stuff... I know how it feels to meet people for the first time and ask for Autographs and Pics... 



Back to Gaming 
The Pirates of Dark Water, the Lost Episodes

I did not get any pics but the Game went very well and the players were happy. The Dragonscales RPG rules uising the Ward Card System gave a great flow to the game

http://firesidecreations.com/dragonscales


My Final 2 games of Saturday were board games

Donner Dinner Party and Sparkle*Kitty Nights



I did not get any pictures from Donner Dinner party


I did get some from Sparkle*Kitty Nights and both of the games were really fun to Play












Afterwards, I wandered for a bit and Spotted Luke Gygax (Who had been avoiding me) I basically said I have a great time regardless and walked away to the tune of 

"It is what it is"

More on this in my Swag, Autographs and Wrap up post

1 comment:

  1. A very touching post my friend. I'm glad some of our memories are connected through this wonderful event that honors a legend. You, in turn, have become a legend to me as well. Travel safely keep savoring the game of life.

    ReplyDelete