Wednesday, March 13, 2019

2019 GaryCon Journal Thursday



The first game of the day was With Tim "The Enchanter" Neppel and I running a Monty Python Fluxx tournament

We had 11 players and everyone had a great time... 







My Next game was a TOON game called Foo-Fuu TOON… Catch that Bird

Had several players and it was a lot of fun... After the game finished, I see Steve Jackson walking toward me. I had met him many, many years ago

He walks up and says, I like your poster, I explain that I had it made for Garycon and it is a scan from my book



This was on my list of things to get done... was to Find him, but it was way cooler that he found me... 


JAYNE'S SHIP


My Next game was Dan's game, Firefly with Margaret Weis... The Seat next to Margaret was open and I asked if I could is there and she said yes..  I leaned over and told her she could steal my photos anytime (there was this one time.....) Anyway, I ended up playing Mal and Jayne had hired my Crew so I know there was not going to be any Damn Big Heroics on my end...

One of people signed up was Joe Manganiello. Once my 17 year old Foster daughter heard this, She was all excited "That Guy from Magic Mike !, please get me his autograph"

So I told her if she got B's I would even get him to personalize it.  The weekend before I left, we went to find it... We ended up at FYE in Reading, the tag said $9.99. I brought it up to the counter and then my youngest daughter wanted headphones, I told her no.. the guy at the register then said "Get the Headphones, the movie is on clearance.. I asked how much and he said $1.25, we got the headphones



So, I am in the game, next to Margaret, talking to someone and I say

I was telling Ernie at dinner last night that was more excited to play in a game with Margaret than I am with Joe...

Joe than says "What, you're not a fan of Magic Mike ? ... It's ok, I am here to play in a game with Margaret also"


Later, I was telling him about my Foster Daughter and how proud I am of the progress she is making and how I asked her to get B's and he said "Did she make it?" Yes and he goes "Tell her to make A's next time"

It is always great to play with Margaret and Joe was really getting into it. After the game, I asked him if was a big firefly fan and he was "I watched when it first came out, I love it" So I gave him a peice from my Firefly collection, he was shocked.. I said you will appreciate it and I have a nice collection.










 My Final game of Thursday was my Dangerous Journeys Game
Dangerous Journeys—The Hour of the Wolf
The game went very well and the players seemed to have enjoyed it



I went and met up with some friends and chatted to many people... while talking to Cosmo Joe, Dakota comes up to talk and tells us how she put every single single sparkly bead on the dress and how frustrated she got at times... 




1 comment:

  1. Dakota! Thank you! I had the pleasure of a brief conversation with this lovely lady. She was at the lounge with friends when Jason Charles Miller was playing a live set. I spoke with all of them and got a photo of her group as I was snapping memories of my first GaryCon. I had 1 to many Tequila Sunrises though and could not for the LIFE of me remember her name. Id love to tag her on facebook when I post the shot.

    ReplyDelete