Thursday, March 14, 2019

2019 GaryCon Journal Friday

So, when George and I arrived Wednesday, we had an issue with the truck that needed a repair, we were very fortunate that this did not happen on the drive to the con... 




However, this negated me having the ability to Obtain Bitners donuts for my toon game that Morning.  I also failed to get a picture of the players

We had a fun time and with 5 players (One left toward the middle of the game) we decided not to play the second Short animation and ended it early... Clearly they were upset with the Lack of Donuts as advertised (Just kidding, I did offer Girl Scout Cookies and we did have a really fun time)

Duck Ripley in Her Service



Then it was off to Heidi Gygax's game. Had such a good time last year that I had to play again.
This year was just as good as Edwin and Heidi came up with a fun scenario and Luke's daughter was not their to Kill me (unintentionally)





It had a Sing-a-Long potion of the game as we were gassed into a hypnotic visions trance. 


We had a lot of fun and managed to rescue the Queen.. Edwin kept taunting me to do something foolish and when I finally did, I discovered that Pick Pockets was not in my skill set... this was intentional











My Setup for the game




The Greg Barry Invitational Drunken 
Dungeon Master Challenge

Created the Characters, and ran the game from head after the first 15 minutes... The Characters were great and we had a fun time. One of my players was sick and did not make it. Another player Ditched my game... Not sure if he gets an invite next year if I run this.




After the game, we were talking and I said to Lynn "Wanna go meet and hang out with Larry Elmore ? ".. I know where he is, we can just go over... She said "Are you sure?" 

I never kid about stuff, I always try to pay it forward and off we went

Found Larry at (Secret Location) and I walked up.  "Larry, this is my friend Lynn" 

I have to say I enjoy the look on people faces when they meet the legends... Larry is great and takes time to sign everything for everyone.  We ended up talking for awhile

A number of artists are there and I am talking to Jason (Larry's Son in law) that I have never met Jeff Easley... So Jason goes, well he right there and a great guy.... I guess every time I see him he is so quiet that I never want to bother him (You all know me so that is so me...) 

Anyway, I go over and he signs my Arts and Arcana book...  The next day I wonder when Larry signed the cover as I had asked him to sign an inside page,



--------------------------------------------
Additional Pics from Heidi's game








No comments:

Post a Comment