Wednesday, March 9, 2016

GaryCon - Saturday... Fun Games, but some things just did not go right

Saturday was a Mix of really good games and lots of frustration, outside of games

For many reasons, I just wanted to leave the con and go home. Some of it was my expectations and some of it was just scheduling issues

Needless to say, I spent a lot less money at the con than I anticipated and will be getting my GM refund in full

This was my day I had pretty much a light schedule, only running 2 games... Daytoona Beach and Quest for the Gate between Worlds..  I wanted to attend some things and unfortunately, one of them was moved to a time I was running games

And that is all I will say about that.
--------------------------------------------

I got to walk around and take pictures that day before my TOON game







TOON - Daytoona Beach Party Bingo Blast




I had 3 players out of 7 show up, but that was fine because it was one player from my previous toon game and Father with his 7 year old daughter...

So I had

Mr FuzzyPants -Cat
a Dog
and the Platypus

Wish I got a pic of the players... anyway both of them loved toon and had their own books with them and the daughter was so cute.... The game is a beach olympics and I list a race at the beginning that I have never gotten to, so I never wrote it up... I ran the race off the top of my head and it was great

During the race the girl, playing Mr. Fuzzypants, the cat, After her father stretched his legs, she pulled out Scissors and tried to cut his legs off.... she tried to cut the dogs head off but he dodged

She reminded me of my Daughter when playing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Pics from Saturday

Firefly Game

Firefly Game





Luke Gygax


James Ward


Frank and Debbie Mentzer

-------------------------------------------------------

AD&D - The Quest for the Gate Between Worlds

So, this was a mixed bag, this was a Great game that I ran many times. One of the players was familiar with the source material and gave it a great review... 2 of the players were not thrilled with the game... I think the style of gaming was just not what they anticipated. 

I did have to force 2 actions to make the game work, but everything was pretty good




I am actually in a Picture !!!! thanks to the great waiter Daniel



The youngster at the table was sharp.. he held his own

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jolly Blackburn's Party (Safe pics only, I did not take any non safe pics)

So there was 2 parts to Jolly's party, I found the need to leave for an hour (for personal reasons that had nothing to do with the party)


Lester Smith and I after Riazul aƱejo tequila...

OK, So I feel like an idiot, I knew Lester was one of the greats in Gaming, even though he played it down.... I completely forgot he was the Editor for Dangerous Journeys and I had my book in the car.... uuggg







THE SKULL... They dared you to take a drink....




If anyone has any issues with these Photos, let me know and I will remove them....

No comments:

Post a Comment