Thursday, August 19, 2021

Phoenix Con and Lake Geneva PART 1 of 3






 On August 10th, I traveled to Kenosha Wisconsin To begin my vacation and attend Phoenix Con (Rising from the Ashes)

The drive in was filled with Thunderstorms and Rain as I made my way from Pottstown PA to Kenosha WI


Wednesday was a Relaxing day at Colters with Jennifer and the kids (Colton and Daisy) while he was working from home...

Thursday was a Lake Geneva / Bittners run and while I was unable to obtain a Bacon Maple Donut.. I did get a couple to eat and Cookies and Carrot cake to bring home... 

PRO TIP: When in the area Bittners Bakery has the best donuts and other things










And then to the Memorial Brick and the Dice begetting Mojo 















 Then Off to the Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum:




Colter and I walk in and as soon as Jeff Leason Sees me, he points to me and says "I got your module, I will go get it in a few minutes"

At the Last GaryCon in 2019, I asked Jeff to sign a copy of  The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan and he asked to hang onto it and get additional signatures on it for me...

Ernie Gygax Jr calls and Jeff tells him that Greg Barry and Greg's friend are there. (This is where Colter got the moniker "Greg Barry's Friend"

He runs and gets it (He lives in the building) and we proceed to spend three hours talking and Ernie Gygax Jr drops in with Donna to pick up something on his way to Phoenix Con.. I asked him if he had room in his game tomorrow as I feared my game would be cancelled due to lack of signups....He said if he could get me in he would.. 

Side note: Donna came in and gave me a hug and I said I know you know me, but do you know my name - She shrugged (with a No duh) and Said of course, your Greg Barry... 






We spent three hours talking with Jeff and the dozen people who came in and it was GREAT

Jeff offered to place my cover with an original and I said SURE... I made some nominal purchases and left

\



 

  




No comments:

Post a Comment