Sunday, March 18, 2018

GaryCon 2018 - SATURDAY

GaryCon Saturday, 
Character's killed by 2 Legends

My Saturday morning game was
Pirates of Dark Water, The Lost Episode

I was using the Cortex Prime system, and I guess it was not attended because it was not AD&D.. I thought it was a good choice and thought that people would recall the cartoon fondly. When I had run into James Ward and mentioned that it would cancelled (He actually asked what I was running, I know this sounds minor but so many of the people I talk to do not ask and I am kinda a real geek boy about this... I was floored when he asked what game I was running)  Mr Ward (Sorry, I just cannot call you Jim, for personal reasons) I asked him if he remembered the cartoon "Pirates Of Dark Water"  and he said of course he did, with a smile and he said "That sounds like a wonderful game" as only he could say it... 

Anyway, I will try again next time and I am running it at DEXCON 


Wednesday, June 29 - Sunday, July 3, 2016

At the Morristown Hyatt & Conference Center in Morristown, New Jersey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another Moment in time:

I was wandering through the forums and came upon a a curious site, a man running "My Little Pony RPG" being an TOON animator, I am always looking to get better, so there was 3 girls, their mother, and 2 adults, One had the My Little Pony polyhedral dice (I know because I own the same set) and the other adult had a My Little Pony Shirt on (They were seated at the table, not sure if they playing or assisting) ... I am down with whatever your into so everything is fine with me.. So anyway, I sat there watching a master conduct his game for the youngest (I think 6) to the Oldest...  Again, the Dungeon Master / Animator in me likes to watch people play. Props to Carlos Lising for making such a memory...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------



So this was cancelled... back to the room, grabbed some board games, figured I would find a table and play The Thing with whoever wanted to... 

I forgot about 

Tracy Hickman's Killer Breakfast


So I was told that the longer you entertained Tracy, the longer you live. This was the premise I went into the game with.. OH, and there is no breakfast, or Coffee

They give yo a Character and a few minutes to look it over... The first question you are asked is 

"How did you get here?" 

(We were in a tunnel) 


This is important, I figured if I can get a smile going, I am solid


So when I was asked how did I get here I started off with why was dancing and skipping through the woods as I came here dangling a piece of string enticing a feline cat to be my animal companion on this journey





So I put a big smile on Tracy's face and I thought oh yeah yeah I got this so we're going through and then all the sudden you tell us our darkness and they brought out the sleeping masks and said yes this is a virtual reality portion of the night so put on the mask and I put my glasses on over the sleeping mask as he started to purr like a cat and go “ yes and the sound” is amazing and I said, “WOW,  THX and everything”


So we get to the part where he's going to kill off our group and I asked him for one last thing that I can do and I said I am taking my magical silver tape I am wrapping around my arm getting a nice stretch jumping up and applying it to the wall which I thought was very clever he smiled and then again the next person down the line died a horrible death and then the person next him fell into the fell into the Ravine what through dimension door came down right on top of me and took me into the pit… He killed off all 5 and I thought I was entertaining enough to get another Shot !





Charles Urbach

Always looking to spread the word of the Bodhana Group, 

http://www.thebodhanagroup.org/about-the-convention

I made several contacts in the merchant room... I was talking to one Artist in the merchant room who was selling Play mats and mouse pads of his work in addition to other prints. He tells me he is not too far from Harrisburg and may be able to attend the Convention... WOW, after the con ended, It was announced that he was selected (and Completed) to do the art work for GaryCon 11. 

https://www.facebook.com/CharlesUrbachArt/




Here is a free tip:  ALWAYS ASK BEFORE YOU TAKE A PIC OF SOMEONE'S ARTWORK BOOTH... and show them the shot, it is rude to take a pic of one picture


The Premier of the Dragonscales RPG

Crimson Cliffs of Doom

You've arrived in the fabled city of Concord in the Chromatic Kingdom. It’s an unusual town where dragons live peaceably with humans and dwarves, You're staying at the Red Dragon Inn in the better part of town. You hear that some strange creature is rising up from the canyon wall at night and eating some of the city’s citizens. Killing this creature surely will make you a hero.




When it came time for Jim words game the Dragonscales dragon scales it was pretty clever that I like the I like the town description. I like how everything and people live together until they're on the outskirts of town and they beat each other senseless so our mission was to go and explore some caves and big piles of dung that were left after the guards were the Dwarven guardswere eaten.

I had an epic hero moment in the game where I went and I was going to try and remove someone to pick up a ring and put it on your finger and turned into a monster and I was going to cut the hand off of the person and there were saving them from the powers of the ring and I pulled out an 11 of hearts and Ace of Hearts which is probably the most spectacular card that you could play at that point in the game and then I went and she pulled out a card to Shield herself from my attack so my attack was basically negated oh well happens

So I had a couple of really decent moments where I did some spectacular things but my death came
because he was running out of skulls to hand out and he was down to his last one and I decided now
is the time if I wanted him to get a skull and they're die anyways so then I picked up the ring turned
into a monster and was ceremoniously killed in an unspectacular fashion








Jim Ward with the Save against Fear Swag


AD&D—So You Think You Have an Attitude, Too


The next game that I ran was so you think you have an attitude too and this was significant
because it featured some of my former players that I'd play with before one of the show the
gentleman who played in my so you think you have an attitude 2 years ago and one of them
was the earthquake guy who disrupted the entire dungeon by causing an earthquake towards
the end of the game…. I proceeded  to cuss him out and tell him how he messed up the game
and how you know it took a while to recover that game so anyway I was kidding with him it was a
cool move that I won't forget because nobody else had ever done anything like that in the game and
that's what I look for. I thoroughly enjoyed this


AD&D—AAAAHHHH

I had about 8 people additional who wanted to play in the game and I told him that if nobody showed
for the that were registered they could have the seats so only one person end up getting into the game
and that one turned out really spectacular. They really got it and they really ran with it they were able
to get most of the of the puzzles done so they didn't mess with the Cave too much but that's okay
that's just a distraction anyway

They elected to end the game when they found AAAHHHH and not complete the end game that I had
written because it was requested to have an extended ending further than what I had.

So anyway a lot of them asked me to run games.. or to run exclusive games for them and just do it
with special invites for the game. Next time I go I will be running the Greg Barry Invitational game or something to that effect

No comments:

Post a Comment