Friday, April 3, 2020

The Virtual Greg Barry Experience


The Virtual Greg Barry Experience





I am an Old School, roll the dice kind of guy who usually runs most of the RPG Games we play. 



I have been running my Friday night game for a few years now. It is one of the reasons I like board games is because I get to play

I have been playing in a few games a year, mostly at GaryCon. So when Stephen Lee asked if I would play in a Skype game for Dragonscales and 77 Lost Worlds, I said yes. 

http://firesidecreations.com/dragonscales

http://firesidecreations.com/77worlds

Playing over Skype is different and we are 2 small groups, 4 (now 5) players in the Dragonscales and 4 in the 77 Lost Worlds



These games have been going on for aver 3 months now and we have a good idea of what is happening and we play very well together... I am a Forest Caretaker who fancies himself a Lumberjack... as we look to open our own tavern and small keep, I have been collecting furniture from the places we go... It is so much fun to be in these groups and being playtesters and creators of things to come in the system 

Next GaryCon, I will run mostly Dragonscales RPG games and one AD&D game









Look for "Into the North" at the next Garycon, the playtest is being done this month




SO when physically going to GaryCon became a moot point, I decided to run a game or 2 virtually (not as part of the Virtual GaryCon) 

With a mix of players from my online games and my Friday night Game group, I ran a couple of sessions. I will say it is a bit challenging to play AD&D 1st Edition over skype, but I have gotten the hang of it... I do not think I can run campaigns or completely ongoing sessions but this has been fun to run a few old modules I have written a long time ago

I did get a chance to play in an exceptional game with Andrew Perry and crew... I knew a few of the players before hand and some by name only. It was amazing for all the players to be of such a high caliber and playing very well together.  (I did not get in a single backstab as a Thief- LOL)


Anyway, we took our time and were clever in finding many items. some luck and lots of daring.  We are looking at playing this monthly and testing Andrews creation to the limit





No comments:

Post a Comment