Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Looney Labs - Fluxx - Pax Unplugged



I was shamelessly begging to work with Looney Labs at Pax Unplugged this year. In fact, I had no other vendor in mind to work with so this was all or nothing for me. 

http://store.looneylabs.com/

I like games that I like, I am not interested in spending large amounts of money of money on games that may not get played or take too long to play.

I really enjoy Role Playing Games and look for games that can be filler if we are waiting on players to show up. usually a 30-45 minute game. 

I also like to go to Conventions and talk to people and earn merchandise... I also get a badge for the Con when I go.

I also have no issues working all the available shifts if possible.

I love the game Fluxx

Image result for Saffron-Expansion

I started with getting a pack of cards in my Firefly Loot crate... then getting Firefly Fluxx for Christmas
Related image







We had so much fun that this lead to getting many other Fluxx games,  and My 2 daughters asking for Fluxx games. in the house we have:

Firefly
Fluxx 5.0
Star Fluxx
Monty Python Fluxx
Star Trek, The Original Series
Monster Fluxx
Chemistry Fluxx
Batman Fluxx
Math Fluxx
Drinking Fluxx

I am also a completest when it comes to my games so I have ordered Expansion packs and Promo Cards to add to my games. In fact, my Fluxx 5.0 deck has at least 40 additional cards from promo and and expansions. This includes 2 different printings of the Party Pack.

I also do tournaments for various Fluxx games and Looney Labs has been very supportive of the ones I run. They have provided prize support and always have been amazing. 

Pax Unplugged




GenCon 51

The first time I met them was at the first Pax Unplugged. I bought Dr Who Fluxx for my Nephew.  I then went to GenCon 51 and got my Black night Expansion for Monty Python and the War Doctor Promo with Spiced Ham Promo (Hormel wanted too much money for the use of SPAM) 



Myself and Tim Running our Monty Python Fluxx Tournament 



I am amazing at talking to people and getting them excited about Games and especially If I love the game.

The key for me is to make them see how much fun I have promoting the game. I have enough knowledge of different versions that I can tell you specifics of the game of that make it appealing.

I have taught the game to hundreds of people over the last few years and I can give you a rundown of the game in 3 minutes.

Once I engaged people, it was usually an easy sale, If they owned a Fluxx game, I could get them to buy another...  

Friday at Pax I carried my well used copy of Firefly Fluxx 



Explaining how the games are flavored, I would tell people about the I'll be in my bunk card




On Saturday, I went with Star Trek Flux and let people read the greatest card in any Fluxx game - FIZZBIN



Monty Python Fluxx
"I Want to Sing!"





 My friends try to have the 
"Stop That Singing" 
card handy when this comes out





















The Batman Fluxx 
"Two-Face Flip"
Promo Card





Everyone was happy with my promotions and handing out lots of Groot Promo Cards


"Have a Groot and a Smile"
"Everyone Loves Groot"
"Groot puts a smile on everyone's face"

So, I worked all day Friday and Saturday and was compensated very well with games 

(these plus a couple of additional ones not shown because they are gifts)
I wish I had picked up Jumanji Fluxx and Holiday but I was just trying to finish up...


Here is a tip:

After playing flux, you tend to get lots of cards that end up together -  Keepers,  Goals, Rules....

after we are done playing for the night, I separate the cards into piles




Then I make 8 piles (not sure why but I found that 8 works the best)

and I add a layer of card type so that no goals, or other types are near  another cards of that type 


Then I grab 4 random piles to make half a deck and pile the remainder in another half 

then place them face down in the box and this set is ready to play... We shuffle for each game played that day

This seems to ensure the best distribution of cards for the initial play







Fluxx has some excellent bundle deals and these are great games... 

as well other games by Looney Labs



1 comment:

  1. Have you ever wanted to start a gaming blog? Well, here are the 10 Reasons To Start A Gaming Blog. Video games are the ultimate fun. You become the hero of your own story.

    ReplyDelete