Monday, November 20, 2017

Kick Starters and Projects

I have backed several Kickstarters and supported other projects: 

Sometimes, it requires a little Patience... Other times, it requires a Lot of Patience

I select the Kick starters I back based on several things:

1: What is the Project, do I really need it ?

I like dice, I tend to back more Dice projects than others. Don't get me wrong, I back game systems and Modules and board games.

2: What is the Backer Pledge ?

Hey, Everyone is concerned about getting the most for their money

3: When is the End Date ?

That is the date you get charged for the project

4: When is the Delivery date ?



5:  WHO is running the Kickstarter

------------------------------------------------
What is the Project, do I really need it ?


WHAT!? Pencil Dice
I backed these for the story behind the dice.. and the amusing story of what to look for in a failed Kickstarter.. good pointers for avoiding some pitfalls

The whole thing can read here:


The d12s you've always wanted: Mood and Weather dice!



These I backed because I like Cosmo Joe's stuff and the Pencil dice went so good. 
Unfortunately, there was an issue with my Kickstarter account (I had 2 and could not access one) so I double pledged this and it never got properly corrected to the level I pledged... 


Ernest Gary Gygax Jr.'s Marmoreal Tomb Campaign Starter

I pledged this for the name attached, It is late in delivery but I am confident, this will completed in the next few months... hopefully I can take delivery at GaryCon


Gunmetal Polyhedral RPG Dice In Complete Sets
These really do look as good as the picture... I had an issue with a chipped dice, but a replacement was sent ASAP and the issue resolved in an amazing fashion


Cortex Prime: A Multi-Genre Modular Roleplaying Game

I was looking at a system to run my next GaryCon game "The Pirates of Dark Water Lost Episode" and was considering a few systems that would require a purchase or rules adaption... this was one of them. Having played the Firefly RPG, I thought this would work... Cam banks assured me he would get the rules in my hands in plenty of time and I have gotten the working PDF that allowed me to write my game.. 


Top Secret: New World Order - the espionage roleplaying game
I backed this for the PDF, I have a credit with TSR from the Gygax Magazine folding that I am going to use to buy this after the Kickstarter.. I loved this game and the settings when it first came out so this was a no brainer to me...



These are a good sample of what I have backed

No comments:

Post a Comment